– The ArcSafe® T40 Arc Flash Switching Hoods are inherently flame resistant, providing protection
from electrical arc flash and flash fire.
– Material: Tencate Tecasafe plus. Outer fabric: 235gsm (7.0oz) Tecasafe plus, Lining Fabric:
306gsm (9.0oz) Q8 Thermal Liner
– Meets Standards for Flame Resistant Fabrics – ASTM F1506 and NFPA 70E, Tecasafe plus is UL
Certified to NFPA 2112
– Arc Rating: ATPV – 40cal/cm; PPE4 (HRC4)
– Reflective Trim: Nil Class D only
– Visor: ArcSafe Elvex single pane face shield with 60% Light Transmission
– These garments are manufactured from materials conforming to AS/NZS 1906.4:2010 Retroreflective
materials and devices for road traffic control purposes – High-visibility materials for safety
– This ArcSafe® Arc Flash protective garment has been independently tested by Kinectrics to ASTM
F2178-08 Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating and Standard Specification for
Face Protective Products.
Tecasafe plus fabric benefits:
– Inherently flame resistant
– Electrical arc flash and flash fire protection
– Extremely comfortable to wear – soft and breathable
– Excellent moisture management
– Exceptional abrasion resistance
– IEast care washing and maintains like new apprearance after multiple industrial washes
IMPORTANT: NFPA 70E Compliance requires wearing of whole system (3 piece) as ONE UNIT. 3 Pieces including hood/ coat / leggings or hood/ jacket/ bib & brace trousers. Once a garment has been exposed to an arc flash, it must be removed from service.